Monday, October 10, 2011

Live Strong!

How do you do something when your body just won’t cooperate?  That is my dilemma.  I know some things just take time and other things take work on my part to get my body healthy again.  And apparently some things take both! 

Pretty much since the end of my radiation treatments, I have been trying to lose the weight I gained during chemo.  I have worked pretty hard to achieve that goal, but with little results.  I have always been a fairly healthy person and don’t have a lot of food vices to give up.  So I tried adding more exercise.  After all exercise is a very important part of staying healthy after cancer. But this too just wasn’t helping in the weight department. I wasn’t ready to give up though. 

After talking with a friend, I decided to give something new a try, and I wanted to share it with you.  I decided I would use the livestrong.com website.  I’m not getting crazy results like 7 – 8 pounds in two weeks or anything.  Some weeks I haven’t lost anything, but overall it has helped me to lose a few pounds and keep them off.

I use the website’s free program.  There I can track all the food I eat, as well as the exercises I do.  It calculates the amount of calories I consume as well as the amount I burn against the amount I am allotted (which is based on my age, weight, and weight loss goal). 

It is very easy to use and if I ever successfully figure out how to post it to my blog, I will share my progress with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...