Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cancer & Breasts

Somewhere in something I read early on said that you will have several versions of your story.  This is true.  As people ask how you are, your answers really do vary.  I tend to be fairly private so for me telling people about much of anything was hard.  You have your answers for those close to you and you have what I found lovingly referred to as “your Hollywood answer”. 

Be careful how much of yourself you put out there because people do not always respond the way you might think.  Cancer and breast are two words that evoke an array of feelings.  Let’s face it, when you hear the word cancer it is immediate fear associated with death.  Breasts – well with this word most people either blush or giggle.  Put them together and who knows what kind of response you may get. Truly I cannot begin to express the odd comments that I have heard – all with the best intentions.  

Luckily, I had an amazing support system of family and friends who encircled me and shielded me from much of the real world.  For them I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...