Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beautiful Days

I love the changing of the seasons.  Here in Florida they are a little less noticeable than some places, but the signs are there.  Our trees are beginning to lose their leaves and many of the garden flowers are dying back.  Last week the air was even a bit cool.  It felt so nice to get outside.

Take a walk, go for a bike ride, work in the garden, anything!  For me getting outside is like losing myself to the lovely sights and sounds.  My mind clears and the stress leaves, even if it is temporary.  And I need that.  For many reasons, but especially to forget about myself for just a bit.  Forget about doctor's appointments and tests.  Just take time to feel like my old self.

I never forget my experience with cancer, but sometimes I need to try.  I need to let the worries and cares slip from my thoughts and enjoy the moment I am in - right at that very moment.

I hope you all will be able to get out and enjoy a little worry free time in your week as well. Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...