Monday, November 7, 2011

Giving Thanks

Yesterday we had a lesson on gratitude at church and I couldn’t help but think of all the many things I have to be thankful for. I love this time of year; the weather changes, the scenery changes, it just feels good to get outside.  This morning I was able to take a nice deep breath and enjoy the time change.  I went for a walk while it was still cool outside with my mom and sister.  It is a good day!  I feel very blessed to have my family near me.

November seems to be the month that we all think of the things that we are thankful for, but this year it is much more for me.  I had my last chemo treatment the Monday before Thanksgiving last year.  I can hardly believe I am reaching so many of my year marks.  I also have two big tests lined up this month and will finally be able to know if I am cancer free.  I have to admit I feel a bit anxious.  To think of starting over or having more surgery is a bit overwhelming.  So I am going to stay positive and hope for the best.

Regardless though, I have never been more blessed and am thankful to be at this stage of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...