Thursday, September 29, 2011

Doing Something

With October just a couple days away, I know everyone has probably been blasted with emails and links for various breast cancer awareness events.  And, if you've been reading my blog then you know Pretty Pink Packages is participating in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides for Breast Cancer .  I chose this event because I was so impressed by the lovely volunteers at Mayo.

The 8th floor of the Davis building at Mayo (I call it the Penthouse because it's the very top floor) is the Hematology/Oncology floor.  The American Cancer Society has a small room at one end of the lobby where patients can get various forms of help - free.  From wigs, scarfs, to the use of their computers and library.  I was fortunate enough to have a variety of those items gifted to me so I never used that service.  But each time I went for my chemo treatment a very sweet volunteer would bring me an array of food and snacks all of which were provided for the patients by the American Cancer Society.

I have to admit, I don't always know what is going on in my own community, but our area is already in full swing.  A couple of weeks ago they had their first annual Bosom Buddy Auction downtown, and there are a few other events going on or upcoming.  I thought I would share a few links for those of you in my area.

I am sure there could be more happening that I am not aware of.  Feel free to share events.  The more people who know, the better the event.

I also wanted to share a few links to some fun fashion sites, along with a couple others, that are participating in raising funds for Breast Cancer. I know here too, there are probably more, but these are the ones that I thought had good links to helpful information about breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...