Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chemo Cleaning

“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.” - Spencer W. Kimball.  Sometimes in life we are blessed beyond our wildest dreams.  Amazingly it doesn’t have to be grand gestures or elaborate gifts.   It is the small, and sometimes not so small, acts of service that can make all the difference in someone’s life. 

My mom didn’t feel comfortable taking me to chemo.  I would often get sick, and it was too hard for her. So, during my five months of chemo, I was blessed to have she and my mother-in-law come each week and clean my house.  Every Monday as I would go to Jacksonville, they would meet at my house and clean.  They would vacuum and mop, do my laundry, and change my linens so that when I returned home I could crawl into a clean bed.  I was also blessed by two dear friends who would come and clean for me during this time as well.  They cleaned bathrooms, windows, and even bathed my dog! I cannot begin to express how much this meant to my family. 

Often it is easier to serve a friend in need than to allow them to serve us, but during this time I took all the help I could get.  My mother-in-law happily referred to it as “Monday Chemo Cleaning”, but to me it was much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...