Monday, September 12, 2011

A Great Blessing

I have to share with you all one of my greatest blessing during my chemo.  It was my sweet mother.  I mentioned before how she and my mother-in-law cleaned each week for me, but that was really just the tip of the iceberg.  Actually an iceberg is a great analogy for my mom.  On the surface she is a pretty woman with a sweet smile, yet underneath she is an amazing being.  She is powerful, smart, compassionate, and the glue that binds our family together.

You must know that my mother can accomplish more in the first few hours of the day than most people do in a week.  Literally!  I’m not sure how, but I’m pretty sure she doesn’t sleep.  After getting her house in order and taking care of my dad, she would come to take care of me.  It became our new routine.  She would come as my husband left and start my first juice of the day as I was getting out of bed.  Then without fail she would make scrambled eggs for me.  I must tell you, my mother hates eggs.  The smell of them makes her sick (actually she is allergic to sulfur), but for whatever reason scrambled eggs seemed to be the only thing that would stay down and that I wanted to eat.  So this beautiful woman would make them for me, everyday.  Five months of making eggs is a long time. She would then make my second juice of the day and visit with my son and I as I ate.   

I cannot begin to express my love and appreciation for her, nor can I adequately describe her to you in this short post, but she was to me, then and always, a great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...